Gallery 2

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Elysium - More Droids

Hi! You sick of ancient Elysium drawings yet? I hope so cos here's the ancientest one of all! This was the first drawing I did for the film and I think it was #001 on the project. Four years ago! Gosh a lot has happened in that time eh? Scientists discovered the fossilized remains of gigantic reptile-like creatures that once ruled the earth, a system to send photos of your breakfast between computers was developed and I got a new hat!
  Unused early designs


Designs for the Parole-Bot that gave poor Matt Damon a hard time.




Those last ones are for the servant/attendant robot that became the red and black one in my earlier post.

So there's a few of the droids I drew on this project. I don't think it's any exaggeration to say we drew over a million-bajillion robots during the 'gestation' of this 'film' and you know what? I'd do it all again! 'Cept a bit different. Completely different.

12 comments:

  1. So rad dude. I love the line drawings le most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find it hard to comment on your blog these days CP. You just post so much rad-ness and I've run out of witticisms, enthusi-isms and appreciaisms to lay down in the comments. So lets just say, I like your beard and plz keep posting :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your words say more than any.... words ever could. You have a facial hair snuggle incoming!

      Delete
  3. i second greg, and i second matty... but i firsts your work bro! that top design is too rad!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can never be sick of ancient Elysium drawings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. seeeek! love the abused dmv guy. and everything

    ReplyDelete